Nog Nog, Who’s there? Grandma Gertie’s Fluffy Egg Nog!
Write a review
- 5 Hickman Super Jumbo egg yolks
- 5 Hickman Super Jumbo egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Shamrock 2% milk
- 1 pint Shamrock heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons favorite brandy eggs-tract (optional-Maker’s Mark Whiskey)
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the sugar cup and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, eggstract/or whiskey and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.
- For cooked eggnog, follow procedure below.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in the eggstract/whiskey, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running the chilled mixture. Whisk in the tablespoon of sugar when for added sweetness.
- Tip: Looks eggstravagant in martini glasses with Christmas glass charms.
- For uncooked version, keep decanter in ice bath.
Hickmans Family Farms http://www.hickmanseggs.com/w3/