October 2016 to January 2017
Hickman’s Family Farms, and Arizona Cardinals are excited to offer classrooms across the state “From Farm to Football.” Provide your students with the opportunity to hear from Arizona Cardinals’ running back, David Johnson , and learn about the role agriculture plays in his life on and off the field! Students will also be able to pen pal with Arizona Farmers and Ranchers.
(This program is in cooperation with The Arizona Farm Bureau – Agriculture in the Classroom.)
See sign-up link at the bottom of page.
- receive a “From Farm to Football” Player Poster including David Johnson
- hear from David Johnson, running back for the Arizona Cardinals each month to learn about an Arizona agricultural commodity
- have the opportunity to pen pal with an Arizona farmer or rancher
- receive a classroom size “From Farm to Football” Player Poster including David Johnson
- access to online curriculum each month
Click to enlarge or download PDF file.
From Farm to Football Harvest for All Penny Drive
Classrooms that participate in “From Farm to Football” also have the opportunity to compete in the Harvest for All Penny Drive. Be sure to let Ag in the Classroom (AITC) know if you will be competing in the penny drive. Here is how it works.
- Have your students collect pennies October – December 16th.
- Pennies will be picked up from your school the week of December 19th to be counted.
- Pennies will be tabulated by grade level at each school.
- The grade level that collects the most pennies will receive a Cardinals Event in February (there will be only 1 winner in the state) that includes Hickman’s Family Farms, the Arizona Cardinals, Ag in the Classroom and more.
- Pennies will be donated to your local food bank once all pennies have been collected and tabulated.
Sign your classroom up by September 19th to be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 3 footballs autographed by David Johnson. Classes must register for this FREE program by October 1st to assure they receive all program materials. Click below to sign-up for “From Farm to Football”
Questions? Contact Katie Aikins at email@example.com