Grandma Gertie's Pumpkin Pie
Write a review
- Two 8-inch crusts or one deep dish 9-inch crust
- 1/4 cup of Libby's pumpkin puree
- 8 Large Hickman egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups C&H sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 cans Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Pinch of salt
- In large mixing bowl, mix sugar and spice together, set aside. In mixer bowl, blend egg yolks one at a time into pumpkin, then add milk, sugar/spice, and vanilla on low.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch pie shell and bake at 350 degrees until filling sets, 35-40+ minutes depending on oven.
- Brett Hickman suggests topping it with a mountain of whip cream!!!
Hickmans Family Farms https://www.hickmanseggs.com/w3/